Friday, April 03, 2009

Grand Hyatt, Straits Kitchen

Been spending alot of time with the mother... Its nice. :)

Today, she sponsored what I did to my hair. Its not exactly what I had in mind (my hairstyles nv go according to my imagination anyway), but at least its not the nest looking thing I had this morning. :P



My mother!



Me!

Recently, the Sunday Times published some good lunch deals across the island so we attempted to source them out but ended up eating far frm budget. Oops! Indulged in $48++ Asian buffet at Grand Hyatt, Straits Kitchen.




The classy exterior, ground floor of the hotel!!!!



Inside with nice, dim lighting...



Pretty glass partitions to cut the restaurant into sections for some privacy while not making the place too dark. :)



The concept of the restaurant was "food islands" where different types of cuisine are distinguished by their own "islands".



Indian spread (I kopped this photo from Google because my own photo had smoke coming out frm the pots).



Peranakan fare...



The Malay station was a hit!



Most popular was the Satay.. Yeah, my own picture had smoke again so credits to Google!



Cute serving pans.. Unlike the usual catering sorta metal ware.



Fresh fruit and juices station!



Apple, Lime, Bandung, Barley and Sour plum.



Chinese noodle station serving prawn (BIG) noodles and Laksa.



Chicken and duck rice station..



Very aromatic prawn soup and crispy duck drumstick!



Popiah station.




I likeeeeeee!



FOOD. :D





Desserts included homemade ice-cream, crepe, nonya kuehs and even Oh Nee and Mee Chiang Kueh!



Fruits for disgestion if not will fat de.

But sighhhh, I am putting on weight. Time to diet! :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home